• The Universiti Malaya (UM) Doctor of Management (DMgt) focuses on developing professionals with higher critical thinking skills in the field of management and capable of conducting cutting edge research.
• DMgt programme is a coursework-based doctorate degree programme. This degree programme is designed to meet the needs of high-achieving business professionals who wish to advance their careers and are aspired to climb up the management ladder either in the public or private sectors. The three (3) years doctoral programme aims to support the professionals in developing a rigorous thinking process, acquire deeper management knowledge and advanced research methodologies, and promote analytical skills that enable them to solve complex organisational problems. Through integration of theory and practice curriculum, candidates could associate the practical value of learning theoretical concepts more closely. By enrolling in this comprehensive programme, candidates are offered an opportunity to develop close industry linkages and work with world-class academics who are actively engaged with the corporate, government and NGO sectors; and published in high impact management journals.
• The pedagogies are to optimise the efficiency of the learning process. Each candidate is required to complete a minimum of 81 credit hours of learning and research activities. On average, candidates would require three (3) years of study.
* This information will be used to intake semester 1 2021/2022 onwards
• The programme offers weekend classes from 9.00 am until 6.00 pm with the emphasis on quality teaching and candidate participation. The minimum and maximum periods of candidature are six (6) and twelve (12) semesters respectively. A full-time DMgt programme at the faculty commences once a year (February). It should be noted that any withdrawal from the semester(s) by a candidate will not be excluded from the duration of programme.
• The design of the programme structure allows the candidates to maximise their learning and develop the skills that are essential for their research development. Candidates are required to take a total of 81 credits that comprises of three (3) components: core courses, elective courses and thesis. The breakdown of the courses and the credit hours are as follows:
* Each core and elective courses carry 3 credit hours.
Graduate School of Business,
Level 4, Azman Hashim Building,
Faculty of Business and Economics,
University of Malaya,
50603 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel : 603-79673993/3811/3842/3974
Fax : 603-79673980
Last Update: 23/02/2023