The Hashim Sani Centre for Palestine Studies is the first academic centre in the country and region which is devoted to academic activities in the field of Palestine studies. The activities will be in the form of research, teaching, and intellectual collaboration among scholars within University of Malaya and beyond.
FB Hashim Sani Centre
The Hashim Sani Centre for Palestine Studies' mission is to expand the boundaries of knowledge in the field of Palestine studies to help achieve freedom, justice, and equality for Palestinians.
The Hashim Sani Centre for Palestine Studies' vision is to be the leading center in the Asian region and one of the most reputable centres globally in the field of Palestine studies.
ObjectivesThe objectives of the center are as follows:
Through active research, teaching, and outreach activities, it is hoped that the Center of Palestine Studies will one day become an internationally known source of expertise and education about Palestine and an intellectually vibrant home for Palestine Studies.
The members of the advisory committee are:
1. The Dean of the faculty (who will co-chair the committee together with Puan Sri Norma Hashim)
2. The Deputy Dean (Research)
3. Puan Sri Norma Hashim
4. Emeritus Prof Dr. Azirah Hashim, University of Malaya.
5. Honorary Associate Professor Dr. Peter Slezak, University of Sydney. He is also the co-founder of Independent Australian Jewish Voices (IAJV) and on the Executive of Australia Palestine Advocacy Network (APAN).
6. Prof Saul Takahashi, Professor of Human Rights and Peace Studies, Osaka Jogakuin University (Osaka)
The Director of the centre is Prof Mohd Nazari Ismail.
1. Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah, The Honorable Minister of Foreign of Malaysia will conduct a soft-launch of the centre on the 14th of July, 2022.
- Call For Papers-
The Inaugural Conference on Palestine Studies (ICPS 2022)
Theme: Ending Settler-Colonialism in Palestine
Dates: 29th November 2022 (in-person conference)
Venue: Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
30th November 2022 (on-line conference – Zoom link will be provided) |
Interested participants, please fill up this form: https://forms.gle/NemaTsQmYxStjHZc9
ONLINE WEBINAR AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL'S REPORT ON APARTHEID IN PALESTINE AND ITS IMPLICATION
18 March 2023 9.30pm - 1030pm KUALA LUMPUR
LIVE ON FB HSCPC
To Be Announce
Collaboration with Sinar Daily
Podcast video (with Yousef M. Aljamal):
Scheduled for Feb 23 (Thursday):
Column article - Hungry for freedom (Part 2), 10am
Podcast video (with Baha Hilo), 2pm
Fireside Chat interview
Members of HSCPS:
1. Visiting Fellows: Applicants would typically be established academics. Successful applicants will receive financial support from the center via the Al-fitrah foundation.
2. Visiting Research Fellows: Applicants should normally be at the postdoctoral level or equivalent. Successful applicants will receive financial support from the center via the Al-fitrah foundation
3. Visiting Scholars: These self-funded positions are primarily intended for academics who wish to spend up to a year at the Centre. Applicants should normally have obtained a doctorate or equivalent degree by the time they join the Centre
4. Non-resident scholars and Senior non-resident scholars: These self-funded positions are primarily intended for academics who wish to be affiliated with the center. They are expected to be distinguished researchers, academics, and policymakers. There is no application process for these affiliations. The positions are conferred by invitation
Senior Non-Resident Scholars:
Associate Prof. Dr. Hafidzi Mohd Noor, Chairman, Board of Trustees, MyCARE, Malaysia.
Mr. Muslim Imran, Chairman, Palestine Cultural Organization, Malaysia.
Associate Prof Dr. Mahmod Dr. Mahmoud AlHirthani, AlAqsa University, Gaza City, Palestine.
Dr. Refaat AlAreer, Islamic University, Gaza City, Palestine.
Dr. Sharef A M Abushamalla, AlQuds Foundation of Malaysia
Dr. Malaka Shwaikh, University of St. Andrews, Scotland.
Dr. Fauzi Zakaria, MAPIM.
Mr. Khalid Jimat, PACE.
Last Update: 02/01/2024