• The Universiti Malaya (UM), Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme is a rigorous programme that seeks to expose the students to theoretical concepts and analytical and practical tools that will prepare them for the challenges in increasingly dynamic business environment.
• Courses are structured to provide a broad understanding of theories with real world issues beyond the boundaries of textbooks. Through a combination of lectures, case studies, written assignments, group projects, presentations and class discussions, each student is equipped with the necessary knowledge and experience to analyse and evaluate issues for better solutions.
• The pedagogies are aimed at optimising the efficiency of the learning process. Each student is required to complete a minimum of 46 credit hours of learning and research project that cover various business concentrations. On the average, the students would require 1½ to 2½ years of study.
* This information will be used to intake semester 1 2021/2022 onwards
Handbook Master of Business Administration 2019/2020
Postgraduate Handbook (Business and Accounting Field) 2021/2022
|*1st Concentration Courses||12|
|*Elective Courses / 2nd Concentration Courses||9|
*Each core and elective courses carry 3 credit hours.
Applicants for the programme should possess:
• A bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or its equivalent from a recognised university; and
• A minimum of three (3) years full-time working experience after completing first degree; and
• A minimum of IELTS score 6.0 OR TOEFL score 550 (paper) / 213 (computer) OR PTE score of 55 for the paper-based (Academic) for international application whose first language is not English.
A minimum of candidate maybe called for an admission interview to gauge specific skills / knowledge required for the programme.
February and September
Before you begin the online application process, please ensure that you meet ALL of the entry requirements for your preferred degree. You are required to upload ALL original evidence in the online application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. The Faculty does not issue a conditional offer letter to applicants. The University processing fee is not refundable.
Graduate School of Business,
Level 4, Azman Hashim Building,
Faculty of Business and Accountancy,
University of Malaya,
50603 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel : 603-79673993/3811/3842/3974
Fax : 603-79673980
Last Update: 17/02/2023