• The Universiti Malaya (UM), Master of Marketing (MMkt) aims to produce graduates with advanced knowledge and skills in marketing who can manage organisations whilst at the same time are concerned with social responsibility and professional ethics.
• MMkt supports the vision of UM to become a world-renowned educational institution in terms of teaching by offering a unique master's degree programme in the country on par with similar programmes offered by internationally renowned business schools. It supports the mission of UM by developing a quality and relevant study programme in line with the needs of the country to form a professional and highly skilled marketing management team capable in solving complex organisational marketing issues. Professionalism is cultivated through strategic and comprehensive marketing courses, while complex marketing problem solving skills are nurtured through courses such as Marketing Research, Data Analysis, Research Project, and other essential marketing-related courses. In addition, exposure to the latest marketing theories builds a global mind-set among students while providing solutions to marketing problems.
• The pedagogies are aimed at optimising the efficiency of the learning process. Each student is required to complete a minimum of 42 credit hours of learning and research activities. On the average, the students will require 1 year of study.
* This information will be used to intake semester 1 2021/2022 onwards
Handbook Master of Marketing (MMKT) 2019/2020
Postgraduate Handbook (Business and Accounting Field) 2021/2022
UMGSB Handbook Sem 1, 2023/2024 (October Intake)
UMGSB Handbook Sem 2, 2023/2024 (March Intake)
The type of jobs related to MMkt graduates includes management and professional positions. They are:
• Marketing Manager
• Brand Manager
• Marketing Researcher
• Market Analyst
• Customer Service Manager
• Marketing Communications Manager
• Public Relations Manager
• Sales Manager
• Retail Manager
*All specialisation and elective courses carry 3 credits
Applicants for the programme should possess:
Before you begin the online application process, please ensure that you meet ALL of the entry requirements for your preferred degree. You are required to upload ALL original evidence in the online application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. The Faculty does not issue a conditional offer letter to applicants. The University processing fee is not refundable.
Marketing, Alumni, and Career Unit (MAC@FBEc)
Level 4, Azman Hashim Building,
Faculty of Business and Economics,
50603 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel : +603-7967 3918
Last Update: 20/02/2024